- Violence against doctors on the rise.. We can see a lot of such cases… Doctors being attacked if someone critical is dead..
- Everyone must be aware of the recent incident at West Bengal.. Four Doctors were brutally attacked by a mob of around 200 people as an 85 years old gentleman died of heart attack.. One of the doctors is in critical condition.. Many such incidents happened in the past..
- According to me, the world, sorry India, is divided into two groups of people – Medicos and non-medicos.. It happens all the time.. Whenever something bad happens to doctors and if we agitate against it, the whole world turn against us.. Even people, who constantly seek medical advice and treatment from us free of cost, talk ill about doctors..
- You may think that doctors are over-reacting.. Slogans like “stop violence against doctors” as everyone’s status, Doctors wearing black badge and other means of protest.. No, we are not over-reacting.. What we are doing is the least..
- A clinic near my place was severely attacked as a critically ill patient died minutes after he was brought.. The doctor did his best resuscitation but could not revive the patient.. It was neither his fault that the patient died nor he is Jesus Christ to rise people from the dead..
- Even I had several such experiences when I was working in GH.. It was loaded with accident, assault and drunken drive cases.. So constantly we were exposed to drunk people, with most of them shouting at us for no reason..
- The scenario in my present PHC is different..Some Non-drunk, stable people have the habit of visiting PHC after OP hours and shouting at the staffs and workers if the doctor is not available on his seat… And they try to intimidate us capturing photos of the doctor’s chair.. Are we supposed to sit in that chair 24*7??? In PHC, treating Out Patients is only about 30% of our job.. We have to conduct deliveries, have field work, meetings, trainings etc.. And we are also humans, with a gastrointestinal tract.. We have to eat and attend to nature’s calls too.. I kindly request these photographers to be with their camera throughout the night to find doctors attending delivery cases even if they are not on duty..
- Once we had a tea party at PHC for my son’s first birthday… It started after 12pm(after finishing the OP) and it took place for less than 10 minutes.. We have no room for relaxing or taking rest.. So we gathered in the USG room and had tea, snacks… But this thing was discussed in some Grama Sabha meeting (as a complaint) as doctors having tea while patients are waiting.
- You guys, who spread such news for fame or whatever, are doing no good to the people.. You, in fact are destroying the belief of poor people who cannot afford to private hospitals and are completely dependent on Govt. Hospitals.. You are making them feel inferior.. Having no other way, they are coming to govt hospitals with the hope that they will get cured.. By spreading only the negative things about govt hospitals, you are destroying their hope.. But the spreaders can very well afford to private hospitals.. And you discourage the doctors who really want to serve the people well..👎
- Once we had a mega camp at a school.. All the doctors in our Block were together seeing patients.. A female doctor was seeing pregnant mothers.. It is our prime duty to explain mothers about the benefits they could get from the government.. So she explained about MRMBS scheme and the monetary benefits she could get if she delivered in a govt hospital… Avlo dan.. Within a few minutes she came back with her husband having a fierce look.. He shouted at the doctor saying, “do you think we came to you as we have no money.. Mind your words..”, and so on.. He nearly hurt her and the soft natured doctor almost cried.. Probably a newly married couple and the husband wants to prove his wife that he is rich.. But listen, this is not the place to showcase your wealth and arrogance.. In my mind I cursed him to the core..
I’ve mentioned only a few of the many things that I’ve experienced..
India is no more a good place for doctors.. That’s all I can say..