The day starts with an assembly presided by our lovable principal, Rev.Sister.Usha(The only name I use in my blog sans anonymity.. Of course, you guys can predict all other names pretty well).. Dear sister, please comment below or ping me if you find this blog..😍Or anybody who knows about her, please comment below..
The assembly takes place in our school stage.. As it is a less populous Kindergarten school, the stage can occupy all the students and teachers.. We stand according to our height in 6 rows – 3 classes with boys and girls being in separate rows.. As I’m taller than many other girls, my position is usually in the back (Thank you dad for your gene.. Thank you mom for not giving your gene 😉)..
Our assembly usually has:
- A prayer, which we have to follow as our teacher prays.. God loves children.. Certainly, he would have stopped the whole world and listened to us when we, a school of kids prayed out loud..
- National Anthem. We have to stand straight with extended elbows and fisted hands, in utmost silence..A true patriotic feeling gushes from my mind and flows throughout my body as I hear this song and as the beats hit my eardrums..
- Rhymes. A teacher sings and another teacher dances and we have to follow both.. The dancing miss makes a step like a bird flying which is my favourite.. She must be a classical dancer.. I tried that step at home.. But couldn’t replicate her wavy flying movements..
- Announcement. I’m not sure about this part.. May be I’m confusing it with my high school assembly.. What is there to announce for Kindergarten kids. It will be like talking to walls..
- Pledge. Yeah, India is my country, that one..I’m recalling the pledge, “India is my country. All indians are my brothers and sisters. I love my country and I’m proud of it and and….. Stopped“.. I don’t remember a single more word.. Guys, give it a try👍
There was a gardener uncle who fascinated all of us with his funny jokes and innovative watering styles.. As soon as the bell rings for break, all the kids run fast towards him and surround him… He makes us laugh with his best comedies and funny faces.. He waters coconut trees with a hose and makes magical moves with the water coming out of it.. With wide opened mouth and brightened eyes, we kids enjoy the water dance till the next bell rings..
Back then, I was a victim of serial injuries, mostly accidental.. My body was a constant home for wound, my knees being its favourite room..
Every morning, just like dressing me up and powdering my face, my mom has got an added duty of dressing my wound.. She has a dressing box which has:
- A bottle of dettol, a brown antiseptic liquid which multiplies the pain several times..
- Hydrogen peroxide.. We can name it as wound cleanser.. It’s a friendly liquid, giving no pain but entertains us with the bubbles it produces once it hits the wound..
- Antiseptic ointment..It is a brown coloured ointment which is applied on the wound.. It is believed to be the wound healer..
- A roll of cotton.. After applying ointment, it is pressed against the wound.. It is soft and gentle during this act.. But this cotton shows its other face when we try to detach it on the next day.. It loves the wound so much that it attaches with it like skin and flesh.. It takes with it a bit of skin around the wound, when removed.. Ouchhh!!!
- A roll of plaster.. It is like head of the family.. It holds and supports every other member from outside..
So, dressing my wound has become a daily ritual in the morning.. After a wound heals, I come home with another wound.. Routine continues…